Friday, March 14, 2008

Cleansing Rain

It was such a rainy day yesterday, and by mid afternoon the sun was sinking in the west and was peaking through the clouds, glistening on the rain drenched trees. The day’s rain made the birds, who had newly arrived, chirp anxiously. They busily set about hopping from branch to branch shaking drips of water everywhere they went.

I love Spring. I love how it feels, a renewal of spirit, mind, and soul. I love a good cleansing rain, and the way it feels on my nose and cheeks, not to mention my heart. There are times throughout the year when I long for a good Spring rain, not just for its cool cleansing feel, but in the metaphorical sense as well. Today was my Spring rain ~ in all senses…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thats a really nice photo!

you also have beautiful work. your blog is nice and easy to read - you are a good writer :)

keep up your great work!

Martha Hughes said...

Great post - Spring is my favorite time of the year - so ripe with promise and new beginnings.

Great blog and I love the picture in this post.