Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas when I was a Child . . . then . . . Christmas as me now…

I remember the Christmas when I was 7 years old and I went to bed Christmas Eve, after meticulously placing the cookies and milk out for Santa, and Mom coming in to say prayers. I remember after she left I prayed my secret prayer to God in Heaven begging him to tell Santa that I really had been a good girl all year… I sure wanted that Thumbelina dolly. You know the one where you pulled the string and her little head rocked around and she made a cooing sound. Then I remember getting a little older and still was anxious for Christmas to come and I would go in and get in bed with my little brother Mike ~ trying to convince him to wake Randy (our big brother) up. I also remember as we got older that Christmas mornings seemed to get later and later ~ much to my parents' delight.


Then I turned into a parent ~ and the whole thing started over with my children. Not to mention the precious granddaughter!





Now when I go to bed on Christmas Eve, I pray my secret prayer to my God in Heaven begging him to give warmth to those who can’t sleep at all because it is so cold. I ask him to give hope to those who seem to have lost it. And with a most humble and grateful heart, I thank him for his gift of the babe born in the manger.

Endeavor to live in gratitude.

Muah!






No comments: