Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day

What a great opportunity this year to spend Father's Day with my daddy. It was a quick weekend up and back to Boise, but priceless in the time that we spent together. Saturday we went to the movies and saw the new Star Trek movie. My mom was a good sport and went along. She never quite "gets" why the Klingons and Romulans have to look "weird". Okay Mom, that is Star Trek... they are aliens..... Anyway, Mike and Shelly and Mom and Daddy and I got into the theater with our ginormo trough of popcorn, two cokes and candy that Shelly smuggled in (sorry Shell, I ratted you out.) For those of us who are true Star Trek fans you know what I am talking about here - - I thought it might be difficult to jump from this:



















to this:






















Ummm you know, not only did I jump ~ I kind of leapt - - - ya, it worked.

What a great time! We went from that movie adventure to a groovy time (man I haven't said that in a long time) at home laughing, playing games, and just all around silliness.

Sunday brought a yummy barbeque with the entire family to celebrate the dads. My two brothers who are incredible men and fathers...






And then my daddy. The perfect example of a father. He is a godly man of honor, integrity, and humility. Besides being able to fix ANYTHING - - he also makes a mean potato salad.





I love you Daddy!

Muah!

No comments: