Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Pups

Last week I took Maggie and Scooter, the pups, in for a dental cleaning. I was so taken back when the vet told me that they were reaching their life expectancy. Huh? It was then that I realized they are both 9 years old. Wow, not so much the pups anymore. Mindie, my childhood pet dachshund was 13 years old when she passed into puppy heaven. I can’t bear the thought of losing my little Magdalena. And as much as I complain about Scooter, I would miss him too. Throughout the years I have always tried to get someone to take Scooter. Whether it was Mike when we divorced, or whether I have tried to cajole my nephews into taking him (I secretly know that Sammy would take him in a heartbeat), or telling Jake that when he moves out he must take Scooter. It will be a horrible, horrible day in my life when those pups join Mindie.


Maggie and Scooter in their younger years sporting hats that Ashley had made for them.


Maggie today, sporting a little bit of gray.

We have always teased that we should get a little bit of a touch up color for her. Good grief, a girl needs a good colorist doesn’t she?

Muah!

No comments: