Sunday, October 4, 2009

What Do Trees Say?

I have a fond memory of meeting a guy (who is now a very dear friend) for the first time. We met at a park right here in Bountiful. You know how first time meetings go... I was a little nervous. We sat in the park and were talking. It was a lovely late summer evening. The wind was whistling through the trees.

**Point of note, I have always loved trees. Perhaps this stems from my time in Brigham City's Parks and Recreation Department where we nurtured and planted trees to become Tree City USA....ya, maybe that was it...**

meanwhile back at the park.... As we talked about the trees, I was really surprised that he had never really thought about trees in the way that I always have... that they are a living, breathing, beautiful part of this earth. They dance, they sing, they weep, they shed, they have their spirit renewed. It was a lovely first meeting for my friend and I and we often reminisce about that day and what he learned about trees.

What does my beautiful 50 year old sycamore tree say to you?


She is saying, "aren't I blessed! Look at me waving in the wind, bending in allowance for whatever comes my way. Rustling my leaves in perfect harmony....and I am smiling, can't you tell? I am dancing with my friend the wind".


Why yes she is....





.

1 comment:

msbelle said...

That's so lovely. :)

I believe trees weep as well. Everything has a soul and a spirit and our trees are something we should protect and cherish. My next door neighbor cut down their 12 year old crepe myrtle 2 weeks ago...for firewood! (firewood????) I just about cried. I could not believe it.