Monday, December 21, 2009

Pretty is as Pretty Does

After visiting Thailand for a few weeks and seeing all the poverty, disparity, and challenging living conditions, I came back home with a renewed sense of gratitude. I am grateful for the simpler things in life that I have always taken for granted. I am grateful for the fact that if I want a box of Ding Dongs, I can go buy them. Further, I am grateful that I have a car to jump in so that I can go and buy my Ding Dongs. I am grateful that I can put half and half in my coffee. All that important stuff aside, I am grateful for my children.





I am grateful for my two beautiful daughters and the joy and happiness their sheer existence brings me. My mom always drilled the adage “Pretty is as Pretty does”. Both my daughters have an inner beauty that makes this mama proud. I am grateful for you two!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I still blows me away that sometimes I can see a picture of J'Amy and see me. Not all pictures, but some. This is one of them! =)