Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sneak Peek

So here is a little sneak peak at what will be coming soon to my Etsy shop. I have been dying to take a metalsmithing class ~ and I just may do that soon. But in the meantime, I contacted Gemmafactrix, another Etsy member whose work I really respect, to find out what books she might suggest for a beginner. She supplied me with the titles of a couple of books she highly recommended. I purchased them and have learned a few new techniques! I was reading in Gemma's website that she is beginning to teach individual classes - - one on one. Holy Cow! What I wouldn't do to have a lesson from Brooke! Alas... Ohio is a long way away from Utah....

I made these earrings with a bit of elbow grease and hammering. (Thanks Dad for the new steel!)

xo
Cindie

7 comments:

Candace said...

Those are beautiful earrings. I'll be cheking back to see what other wonderful pieces you create. Have fun learning. :o)

Laura said...

You are my favorite jewelry designer! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Yay! These are great. I'm glad you found the books helpful!

Galo Fab 5 said...

I'm dying to learn how to do all this. Any advice on how to start? I love your designs!

Cindie said...

Thanks so much Galo! Jewelry design is such a personal thing - and each person starts out differently! I would suggest taking a class just to see if you like it - or gemmafactrix suggested some books for me to read - which I loved! Everyone learns in their own way - find yours! There are some great tutorials online too!

Galo Fab 5 said...

Hope you don't mind my questions, I noticed you are from Utah. I live here also. Is there anywhere around here that teaches metalsmithing classes? I 've searched the internet and I just don't know who to contact. Thanks for your help.

Cindie said...

I too have searched high and low and the only place that I can find is in SLC at the Pioneer Craft House. There is a lady who teaches silversmithing - - I haven't made contact with her yet, but I have her phone number. I have been meaning to call...just haven't yet.

I tried to comment on your blog, but it won't let me in...you can also contact me through my Etsy store (if you are an Etsy member).. see the link on my blog..