Monday, July 6, 2009

Grandma's "C"

The other day I was sitting in my jewelry studio and there was a discarded piece of wire on my desk. It had a loop in the end and then it kind of curled around. Looking at the piece of wire, I was reminded of how my precious Grandma would write my name. She would loop the top of the "C" and loop at the bottom.

I took that discarded piece of wire, and formed it into my Grandma's "C". I hammered it into shape, added a crystal quartz rondelle to the bottom, and oxidized it. This is what Grandma’s “C” looks like.


I have always attributed my creative nature to my precious Grandma who nurtured it in me. She is the origin of many things good and right in my life ~ primarily my mother, but for many other qualities as well. When I wear my Grandma’s “C”, I will be reminded of her inspiration to me, her profound faith in God, and the beauty that comes with age.

Muah Grandma!

1 comment:

mom ake said...

Cindie - that is just truly awesome!! I am so glad for you and Carie. I also hope this brings in many requests for similar items for those who want to remember - like me. Gonna' try to find mom's "D" for me!!

Love you -
aunt Diane