Monday, February 7, 2011

Life is All About the Moments

I will always cherish and remember the time that I spent with my grandma. I loved the way that she made scrambled eggs. And she would cut up my banana…. I loved that. These are the Moments I hold near and dear to my heart.

This weekend I had Maycie Jean overnight. We did our regular routine of chicken nuggets, cheese, and cut up banana. We read books and sang songs. Please see below for Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and associated hand motions….this would be “like a diamond in the sky.”



We also baked cookies…We started off with all fresh ingredients, kneaded, rolled out, cut into those perfect Valentine cookies….. ummmm not…..


Maycie will now demonstrate the proper way to arrange store bought cookie dough on a round baking sheet.



When I asked Maycie if she thought the cookies would be good, she handed me some dough and said "I don't know.... You taste it."

We got them all arranged and put them in the oven to bake.



I put 10 minutes on the timer.

Maycie: Grandma what are you doing?

Me: I am turning the timer on so that Grandma will remember that there are cookies in the oven."

Maycie: Silly Grandma, you will remember.

Me: Trust me, I won't.

And in the famous words and gesture of Maycie Jean she says.... "But you will..." Duh, Grandma....



For the next ten minutes, we did princess poses....



Taste testing of uncooked cookies...I don't recommend this...




We even completed a rousing round of calisthenics involving heads, shoulders, knees and toes....you know I am all about getting daily exercise.



We even had a momentary stare....



Then that was it - the timer went off and out came our hard work....



I know that Life really is about the moments. I know I will never forget the moments of my grandma's and my time together. I pray that Maycie Jean will always remember ours!



Muah!




No comments: