Monday, October 3, 2011

He Would Be So Proud

Last night as I drove home from Ashley and Drayton's new little nest, I was struck by the gut wrenching though that he would be so proud of them.

On Saturday night the girls got together and did a Halloween crafting marathon extravaganza. They made a myriad of different decorations.

As I pulled out of Ashley's driveway, and looked at the front of her house with the witch's legs hanging down from the soffet of the house, I thought to myself, "they didn't get this from me." The girls both share a love for this season that was given to them as a gift from their father. Even though he never really told them how much he loved them, I know that he did.

For as much as I take great joy and pride in my girls knowing that, for the most part, I raised them on my own. I have only to look at them, especially during this time of the year, and know that he is just as much a part of them as I am .... and you know what? I am glad. They got the very best that he had to offer, and I am glad.

And even though he never really told them how proud of them he was, I know that he is.

No comments: