Monday, October 3, 2011

Island Food Experiences

While in Hawaii we had so many great food experiences, whether it was at Matsumoto’s in Hale’iwa where we had incredibly yummy shaved ice…. Yes, I will take mine with Lilikoi, Coconut, and Mango flavoring please, and could you just put that incredible sweetened milk on the top and yes, I will have the splash guard. Thank you.
To Kahuku Grill on the North Shore.
Let me tell you, this place is faaaamous!! Even the Governor of my humble state of Utah thinks it’s great. They even have his picture as an endorsement hanging on the front of the restaurant, along with his “Vote for Gary Herbert for Governor” picture.


But by far and away our most incredible dining experience was Mama’s Fish House located in Pai’i. OGM (inside joke that was had by all on the trip) it was fabulous. The views were amazing.




I walked the shore and picked up a few shells that were really absent everywhere else on the island. But don’t let me kid you….this picture really isn't about the shells - - - it is all about the bracelet! An amazing piece that I invested in while on the Island.



The flower arrangements inside …. Stunning. They even arranged flowers on the toilet....Seriously....
The décor was incredibly eclectic. We were all fairly certain that the gentleman in the photo, dark hair, back to me, was someone famous… we weren’t sure who, but Al pretty much confirmed he was a character actor in….well something.



Dinner was scrumptious….something that I know the Pioneer Woman couldn’t have even accomplished. Do I look happy? OGM, it was amazing!

No comments: