Thursday, June 19, 2008

Slow Times at Etsy Dot Com

Wow - I was commiserating with my partner in crime, Marika, about how slow things have been on Etsy.... We think it is one or more of the reasons listed below:

1. All the floods, tornadoes, wild fires, earthquakes.
2. All the jewelry lovin folk are on vacation in Tahiti with no Internet access.
3. Gas costs are too darn high and disposable income is limited.

I know that gas costs certainly have limited many folks. In my family, my son-in-law has started using public transportation and the savings have been amazing! My brother commutes well over an hour every day - each way - and they save money by having him do the grocery shopping while he is in town instead of his wife driving the same commute to accomplish the task.

The cost of gas absolutely makes a person think about what we can do to limit our addiction to fossil fuels, which leads to other thoughts about sustainability of the planet in general. May be silly, may be a minute help to the planet, but I found a pattern for reused, re-purposed grocery bags. I am going to try it! I will update you on my environmental efforts at a later point. No, I am not ready to join Green Peace yet, or believe like Al Gore does about global warming ~ but if I can help in my little corner of the world - woo hoo!

In the meantime, I hope the jewelry lovin' folk in Tahiti come home from vacation soon!

2 comments:

msbelle said...

You too? I thought it was just me. It sucks being slow. And the gas prices are just killing us all. Now food's going to get even higher with all the floods in the bread basket (what used to be anyway). We're all in hard times I suppose. Slow is not good.

blackberry & me said...

Just to let you know, it's definitely not that we don't LOVE your jewelry. I have to admit I check your new jewelry listings almost daily. If only my husband could see the use of a new pair of earrings every week.