Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 10 of 37

Okay, so at the beginning of this project I was really excited about the fact that my kitchen was going to be all brand new ~ and then it happened…and then I was certain I was out of my mind for thinking I could handle a remodel project all by myself.

But how does that saying go? What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger. . . Okay I have some pretty mean strong forearms ~ I don’t need to get stronger, but I was fairly certain on Day 6 of construction that I was going to die. Yes, I was going to keel over and die right there - - - ‘kilt on the spot…. Why you ask? Two words - - sheetrock dust. Lordy almighty. Day 6 brought the men from hell…. the sheetrockers… I think it must be a game for those folks to see just how far they can blow that stuff throughout the house… Everything was covered in a layer of it. I don’t care how much I covered the furniture, how much I closed the doors throughout the house. It was everywhere…the goobers in Maggie’s eyes were even white…. Eeeeewwww.

Day 7 – I cleaned

Day 8 – Cabinet delivery folks showed up and piled 4 trees worth of wood in my living room.

Day 9 – All those lovely trees look beautiful in my kitchen - - - when they are installed as cabinets.

Day 10 – I think they are painting today.. Yay…(she said with mock enthusiasm) now it will be paint fumes…

I am going to have Popeye forearms soon…. I just know it....

No comments: